Monday, January 3, 2011

The surprising uses of nail polish!

So nail polish is what has been on my mind the last few days. In the past I've looked at women with the long square nails, painted bright red tapping with the pads of their fingers but still managing to lightly tap a completely different letter with nail. clack, clack, clack, clack.. we have all see and heard this!!! The only use of artificial nails is for back scratching, but seriously how many people with itchy backs do you know, let alone ones that want you to touch them and possibly claw rather than scratch? Ok this was not my point I was trying to make... Besides the long square nails, I used to really really dislike nail polish and couldn't understand why anyone would wear it. Well... the last few days I have been dabbling some in the arts of nail painting featuring "reddy or not", "flert alert" and one other that had a fun, can't resist painting me this name. After that first stroke of bright red on my thumb nail... i felt something... I wasn't even sure what it was until the next day at work! Every time I signed a document, every time I handed over material to a fellow employee, every time I typed on my computer... my eyes were drawn to one thing, my nails! I felt... POWER!!! I was in control! I was better than every unpainted nail in the place! Which is a lot since there are mainly men here, but still... POWER! CONTROL... I have to breathe! If someone were to give me attitude in my mind I'd be thinking..."woah woah woah... see these nails? I think you should reconsider!" Who knew Nail polish could affect someone like that? Also.. the bright color covers any dirt that might gather under your nails during the day and by doing so shoot down you're confidence. Yes... bright nail polish might be the answer to any insecureties! 

As I predicted, I only have 2 followers here on my blog. My sister and my mother. Does anyone agree with me that it seems a little suspicious that anyone who reads your blog is considered "your follower"? By having a blog you are either asking people to stalk you or trying to create a cult. At least that's what it would look like to someone who didn't understand blogging... It's cleverly hidden in "this is an outlet for you to express yourself".. hmmm i wonder. I halfway feel as though I'm going to have a burning fica tree on my apartment porch for my cult. mainly because my cult would never kill harmless animals or a cross. that's just BAD taste!!! hmmm i'll have to remove my patio furniture...



Before I leave off today, for those who read my blog about the laffy taffy..... twizzle sticks work the same way. Also if you ever want anything just mention how much that thing bothers you or in my case (makes me drool) and the people who love you will make sure you have plenty. Thanks Laura Q. :P

2 comments:

  1. Hahahaha! Very cool, Meg! I couldn't agree more! There's just something about how the hands look whether you feel "powerful" or not. Keep exploring! You never know what you will run across!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nin Jiom Pei Pa Koa (www.geocities.jp/ninjiom_hong_kong/index_e.htm) may be another solution to itchy throat. i know a lot of people use it, its also non alcoholic, though it's effectiveness is not as good as alcohol based cough medicine, but it's still good to use on not so serious itchy throat. Hope you are getting well soon!!!

    ReplyDelete