Tuesday, December 28, 2010

First Post, Tuesday afternoon- dead

One boss gone all week, my other boss left about 2 hours ago for the day. I guess i'll make a list of necessary items to keep at my desk.... Midol, Advil, Pepto... the chewable kind. Pepto liquid makes me gag. It tricks you because it's such a pretty color. What could be bad about something pink? Little girls in pink dresses, pink bows, pink piglets, rosy cheeks (which are in fact pink cheeks) all cute things... so for your first experience with pepto you take a sniff... "whoa!!" What the heck?! If you're brave enough to ignore your sense of smell then you deserve what you get after that!!! It coats your tongue,teeth,roof of your mouth and your throat! You have no chance!! Pink is no longer cute or precious or endearing. It's just Pepto! The chewable tabs however, if you can manage to not get it stuck in your teeth for very long goes down much smoother. Ok... what else... I like Taffy... maybe some Laffy Taffy at my desk would be good.. I have to make sure I eat it when no one is around to pop in and ask a question, good luck pulling your teeth apart to answer, plus has anyone noticed how much you drool once you start to really chew on it? Oh and God forbid you swallow too soon and part of it goes down your throat while the rest is attached to a tooth, that just becomes a nasty mess!! Hmmmm ok no laffy taffy at work then...

In a couple hours I get to go home and walk to my door like a little old lady who because she is missing all her toes has no balance. It's been 2 days now and my apartment hasn't salted my walkway yet. It's solid ice. Now... I don't fall usually but I work very hard at it, the ice literally, with no dramatics about it, strikes fear into my heart to walk on it. If I were to imagine what my eyes look like while I inch my way across my concussion waiting to happen, I believe it would look something like a mad cow that is very very very focused on eating all the grass before any other normal cow could get to it. Ugh, my forehead creases are hurting just trying to explain it! Now add the terror of a 56 lb puppy who has been crossing her legs needing to go outside so badly that she doesn't care if you are on your feet or your stomach, you're coming with her!
I'm ready for spring, except for the large bugs... but that's a blog for the spring.

I ate some chocolate covered peanuts today. I wish that I hadn't. That's what really started the entire thought about Pepto. I don't know why I ate them really... I ate one and it wasn't very good, and then before I knew it there were only 4 left... well I couldn't leave 4 in the bag just to make me sick another day so I powered through until there was only 1 left and it fell on the floor... here's the good part, I was sick to my stomach but still felt bad about throwing away that last one. That last disgusting poopy colored nut! Seriously? If there is anyone out there that might be experiencing this same problem I really think it's time for a support group and for snacks.... no chocolate covered peanuts! Or pepto.

1 comment:

  1. Hahahaha! LOVE your blog Megs! Keep the laughter coming! You know what "they" say..."laughter is good medicine." Well, actually God said it first...but others caught on. Your profile is pretty funny too. Well, parts of it anyway. =} Just for the record, I think you might want to do as Lindsey said and get some rock salt for that ice on the walk and take the bill to the office. With another bill for your services. =} Love you...can't wait to read the next blog!

    ReplyDelete